I'm not sure what you may be going through in your life. We all deal with so many different problems - whether it's financial struggles, relationship struggles, difficulties with our children, or difficulties even trying to have children - whatever the struggle is today, Don't Give Up on God! God has the power to change a situation in an instant.
My pastor preached on Sunday the story of a widow in 1 King 17. The widow at Zarephath was preparing to die. There had been a drought and she had very little to eat or drink. She was found gathering sticks to prepare her last meal for her and her son. In an instant, Elijah shows up on the scene. Elijah was sent from God and knew that this widow's life was going to change in that moment but the widow didn't know. The widow was prepared to eat her last meal and wait for death to come upon her and her child. Could you imagine her feelings? Could you imagine the torment that she must have felt as a mother knowing that she could no longer provide for her child? Could you imagine the desperation?
Some of you may feel like you're in a similar situation. You're desperate. You're in need of a miracle. You're in need of God. I want to encourage you to keep faith. Keep holding on to faith. Keep believing that God is who He says He is. That God can do what He says He can do. That God has good things in store for you. Don't give up on God. I promise you, He has not given up on you.
A verse that I have committed to memory is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." When things seem like they are spinning out of control and I feel like the world is crashing in on me, I hold on to this declaration from God.
Good things are in store for you, Sister. Hang in there and don't give up on God!
God bless you this week!

No comments :
Post a Comment