Monday, January 06, 2014

Selecting One Word for the Year


Hello everyone!  My name is Danielle and I'm extremely excited to be part of The Mom Squad. My desire is to live a simple life, filled with the things that matter most: my faith, marriage and family.

At the start of each year, I often reflect on the previous year and choose one word for the upcoming year.  The concept of selecting a word for the year is not original to me.  In fact, there is even a book written about it My One Word for the Year: Change Your Life With Just One Word.

My word for 2014? Focus

This year, I want to ensure that my focus stays on the things that matter most, to cherish the time spent with my family and to absorb the little moments.  Because time goes so quickly and before I know it those special moments will become fond memories.

What about you?  Do you have a word for 2014? 

5 comments :

Unknown said...

What a great post for the new year. I also choose a word each year. My word for 2014 is "fearless." I am tired of allowing fear stop me from living the life God has called me to live!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I really like your word for 2014 as well.

Unknown said...

My word for this year is Consistency. This embodies everything that I desire to do and be in this year and in future years.It will allow me to accomplish so much of what God desires.

Paula said...

This is a real challenge, coming up with on word for 2014. I can come up with a few but I think I will go with "growth" because it can cover so many areas.

Melissa Czapor said...

My word is Jesus! I want Him to be the focus of all I do.